Who Can Become A Mason?
Any man may apply for membership who:
- Has been an Oregon resident for at least six months.
- Is at least 18 years of age.
- Has a belief in a Supreme Being.
- Lives a good and moral life.
What is the Process?
A man interested in joining a Masonic Lodge must:
- Ask for an application form called a Petition For The Degrees Of Masonry. One of the traditions in Freemasonry is that membership is not openly solicited by current members—if you want to join, you must ask for a Petition. You can contact us by clicking on the link below-left to begin the process.
- Two Lodge members must agree to sign your Petition recommending you as a candidate for membership.
- The Lodge will vote to accept your Petition, and if approved, will assign a committee of three members to meet with you and your family to discuss your application and to make a determination of your qualifications.
- If the committee reports back to the Lodge with a favorable recommendation, the Lodge will then vote on your qualifications by secret ballot. The ballot must be unanimous for approval. If approved, you will be scheduled to receive the Degrees of Masonry.
- You will then be initiated with the three degrees of Masonry—the Entered Apprentice, Fellowcraft, and Master Mason—as have all members who have joined before you.